I am so excited about the Jelly Snowflake Mystery Quilt Along at Jolly Jabber. Christmas in July. Christmas sew-alongs. Christmas quilts! And I think this is going to be a fantastic Swap, too, because who doesn’t love Christmas and making new friends!?
About the Jelly Snowflake Mystery Quilt Along
You can read all about the Jelly Snowflake Quilt Along here at Jolly Jabber, the blog for Fat Quarter Shop. In a nutshell, though, here’s what you need to know:
- There are only 4 blocks, released once a week for 4 weeks.
- The first block will be released on Thursday, July 2. (Then Thursday, July 9, 16, and 23 for the other 3 blocks.)
- The first block will be released on Pat Sloan’s Blog.
- Thursday, July 30 they’ll release a video to show you how to finish your quilt.
- All you need to start with are fourteen 2.5″ X 42″ strips (or a Jelly Roll) and 2.5 yards of background fabric. (Be careful. Some Jelly Rolls have 40 strips but some only have 20 or 22. If you’re making these blocks for yourself AND your Swap Buddy, make sure you get enough fabric.)
- You will need 5/8 yd for binding and 3 3/8 yd for backing if you want to complete the quilt.
- This quilt finishes at 50.5″ square.
- I’ll be sharing our weekly progress in the Fabric Swap Happy Mail Group on Facebook. Make sure you join the group! We want to see your pictures, too!
Fat Quarter Shop has a huge selection of Jelly Rolls! Their prices are great and delivery is fast.
Now, Let’s Talk About the Swap!
Deadline to register to participate: Midnight, Sunday, June 28, 2020
How to register:
- Leave a comment below, right here on this page. OR…
- Go to my Contact Page and send me an email. OR…
- Use your own email account and send me an email at email@example.com. OR…
- Contact me on Facebook at IHeartJoann Fabrics. OR…
- Join our Fabric Swap Happy Mail Facebook Group and contact me there.
When you register, no matter how you register, I will confirm that I’ve received your name and you will be in like Flynn!
What to Swap:
You only need to send one (1) of each of the four (4) blocks to your Swap Buddy. You do NOT need to send a completed quilt.
Swap Buddies will be announced on Monday, June 29, 2020 during the 6 pm Swap Chat on Facebook. Make sure you’re following our Facebook page so you don’t miss it.
Contact me again to confirm that you and your Swap Buddy have made contact as soon as possible.
Since this is a month-long sew along and we want to give everyone plenty of time to finish, the mailing deadline will be Friday, July 31, 2020. Remember, you only have to send the blocks, not a completed quilt.
Share This Post!
We have 4 new Swappers join our Mug Rug Swap! Let’s see how many more we can get to join this Jelly Snowflake Mystery Quilt Along. Share this post with all your friends. Send them the link in an email. Share it on your Facebook page. Shout it from the rooftop! Let’s make this our biggest Swap every!