Ahhhh, nothing beats a nice warm bath at the end of a hard day. Oh, wait, yes, something does beat it. It’s even better if you use some fancy bath salts that you can easily make yourself! And what a quick gift idea!
If you search the web you’ll find dozens of recipes for everyday bath salts that include ingredients like coarse sea salt, Epsom salts, stuff to make bubbles and stuff to make your skin softer. But all of those ingredients are expensive and sometimes hard to find.
They’re also pretty much unnecessary. Bath salts aren’t supposed to produce bubbles. You use bubble bath if you want bubbles. And salt makes bubbles disappear, anyway! Salt also already acts as a softener – which is why people who have hard water in their home use salt in their water softeners.
What Are ‘Fancy’ Bath Salts?
What really makes bath salts fancy is the addition of essential oils, a bit of color, and some type of decorative inclusion, such as dried rose petals, lavender or rosemary. Of course, when you put all of that into a fancy container and tie it up with a ribbon it becomes ‘fancy’ and makes a really quick gift!
My Simple Recipe To Make Your Own Fancy Bath Salts
- Hello Lovely 32 oz. Mineral & Dead Sea Bath Salt
- 16 oz. Baking soda
- 10-15 drops Hello Lovely Essential Oil, your choice *optional
- 10-15 drops Hello Lovely Glycerin Soap Colors, your choice *optional
- 1/4 cup Hello Lovely Soap Inclusions, your choice *optional
- Large mixing bowl
- Measuring cup
- Storage container with stopper or airtight lid
- In a large mixing bowl combine the Hello Lovely Mineral and Dead Sea Bath Salts the baking soda.
- Add the essential oil, soap inclusions and glycerin soap color and mix well.
- Store in an airtight container to keep out any moisture.